Re: [patch] export ufs_fs.h to userspace

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Thu Feb 08 2007 - 15:02:51 EST

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 02:46:16AM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> was ufs_fs.h purposefully not exported to userspace or did it just slip
> through the cracks ? assuming the latter scenario, the attached patch
> touches up the relationship between ufs_fs.h and its sub headers (like
> ufs_fs_sb.h) so that we can export it ... the silo bootloader takes advantage
> of this header for example

We should only export kernel interfaces and ufs_fs.h isn't one. silo
wants it because it defines the ufs format - but the linux structs for
that can and do change, e.g. adding unions when we add support for the
gazillion+1st ufs format variant. silo should just grab a copy of it
that it's happy with it and update it when it needs to support another
format variant (which I think is a rather theoretical issue as silo
only supports the solaris/sparc format IIR)