Re: 2.6.20 PCI Cannot allocate resource region 2

From: Manu Abraham
Date: Thu Feb 08 2007 - 00:26:55 EST

On 2/7/07, Grant Grundler <grundler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 03:52:47PM +0400, Manu Abraham wrote:
> >attaching a dump of the regs (on 2.6.17.7) as well as the diff
>
> The device now works, used the demodulator driver alongwith the bridge
> driver.

Ok - thanks for the dmesg output and log. I suspect you've already
tried cycling power on the machine (If not, please do).

I did power cycling on the machine .. did try pulling out the power
cord out for a while as well, to check whether it is some "fix that
just evaporated"

I have no idea what M$ XP was doing that might "fix" the problem.

I was just suspicious of our byte accesses to the same dword.
To answer you previous question, it's possible that M$ only
uses dword accesses. I don't know.

someone who has access to NT HAL inside ideas (maybe a too far deam) ,
could probably explain ?

> inlined the log

excellent - sounds like you are making forward progress even
if we can not reproduce the problem...worst case other users
(or customers) have a "work around" :^/

Sounds like a horrible workaround . :-)

I am thinking more in the direction of something wrong in the BIOS, as
that is the only dark area, where i can't see/understand anything.

regards,
manu