RE: mm: how to check for kernel pages

From: David Schwartz
Date: Sun Feb 04 2007 - 12:50:38 EST

> Ok, so what everything should be checked?
>
> - PageReserved
> - PageSlab
> - PageLocked
> - PageBuddy
> - PageCompound
> - PageNosave
> - PageNosaveFree
> - kernel page
> - userspace active DMA as you've mentioned. But I don't know how to test
> it

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but shouldn't this just be the same
check to see if the page can be swapped out or discarded? Surely any page
that can be swapped out or discarded can be migrated. There might
theoretically be some pages that can't be swapped out or discarded that
could be migrated, but why not just ignore those cases?

DS