Re: data corruption with nvidia chipsets and IDE/SATA drives // memoryhole mapping related bug?!

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Tue Jan 16 2007 - 09:26:13 EST

Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
Ok,.. that sounds reasonable,.. so the whole thing might (!) actually be
a hardware design error,... but we just don't use that hardware any
longer when accessing devices via sata_nv.

So this doesn't solve our problem with PATA drives or other devices
(although we had until now no reports of errors with other devices) and
we have to stick with iommu=soft.

If one use iommu=soft the sata_nv will continue to use the new code for
the ADMA, right?

Right, that shouldn't affect it.