Re: [BUG] daemon.c blows up on OSX

From: Albert Cahalan
Date: Wed Dec 20 2006 - 21:52:31 EST

Linus Torvalds writes:

So it would appear that for OS X, the

#define _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED 1 /* AIX 5.3L needs this */
#define _GNU_SOURCE
#define _BSD_SOURCE
sequence actually _disables_ those things.

Yes, of course. The odd one here is glibc.

Normal systems enable everything by default. As soon as you
specify a feature define, you get ONLY what you asked for.
I'm not sure why glibc is broken, but I suspect that somebody
wants to make everyone declare their code to be GNU source.
(despite many "GNU" things not working on the HURD at all)

Define _APPLE_C_SOURCE to make MacOS X give you everything.