Re: single bit errors on files stored on USB-HDDs via USB2/usb_storage

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Thu Dec 07 2006 - 22:26:42 EST

Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:
Hmmm. That's the only thing that i currently may be doing wrong.
I have a 1,5 Meter and a 4,5 Meter cable connected to the USB-Controller
and i only use of them depending on where the HDD is placed in my room,
the other one is dangling unconnected.

Then i will unconnect the short cable and use the long cable exclusivly
and see if it gets better(tm).

That long cable could be part of the problem - I don't think the USB specification allows for cables that long (something like a 6 foot max as I recall).

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx