Re: Disable INTx when enabling MSI

From: Daniel Barkalow
Date: Thu Dec 07 2006 - 18:04:37 EST

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Greg KH wrote:

> Care to take Jeff's proposed patch, verify that it works and forward it
> on to me?

I'll test it tomorrow. Testing disables my network, and making sure the
problem exists without the patch kills my disk controller, so I need to
sit at the computer for a while. I assume that I've got the only known
device that demonstrates the need for this?

Off topic: would it be wise as a general rule to somehow shut down devices
whose interrupts get disabled by the "nobody cared!" code? Or maybe call
their interrupt handlers periodically to keep them alive?

-Daniel
*This .sig left intentionally blank*