Re: [patch -mm] net namespace: empty framework

From: Daniel Lezcano
Date: Wed Nov 29 2006 - 12:59:37 EST

Dmitry Mishin wrote:
On Thursday 23 November 2006 05:39, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
Quoting Dmitry Mishin (dim@xxxxxxxxxx):
On Wednesday 22 November 2006 19:41, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
Quoting Cedric Le Goater (clg@xxxxxxxxxx):
Hello,

Dmitry Mishin wrote:
This patch looks acceptable for us.
good. shall we merge it then ? see comment below.

BTW, Daniel, we agreed to be based on the Andrey's patchset. I do
not see a reason, why Cedric force us to make some unnecessary work
and move existent patchset over his interface.
yeah it's a bit different from andrey's but not that much and it's
more in
Where is Andrey's patch?
This thread - http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/42666
Thanks, Dmitry. Now I do recall seeing that before.

That patchset appears to go part, but not all the way to fitting in with
the existing namespaces. For instance, you use exit_task_namespaces() for
refcounting, but don't put the net_namespace in the nsproxy and use your
own mechanism for unsharing.

It really seems useful to have all the namespaces be consistent whenever
practical, and I don't think your patchset would need much tweaking to
fit onto Cedric's patch. Am I missing a complicating factor?
No. I've already said, Cedric's patch is acceptable for us.

Do you mind if we port your patchset on top of this patch ? If you have no time for that I can do it.

-- Daniel