Re: 2.6.19-rc6-rt8: alsa xruns

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Wed Nov 29 2006 - 02:25:00 EST

* Daniel Walker <dwalker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > i fixed this in -rt8: the latency tracer now uses the time of day
> > clocksource - pmtimer in this case. (that means function tracing is
> > slower than with the TSC, but latency figures are more reliable.)
>
> I have a patch set to make the using the clocksources a little nicer..
> Is there anything I should add to that interface to help enable
> latency tracing, or are you satisfied with using the timekeeping
> clocksource? It might get constrictive after a while.

please talk to John and Thomas about GTOD interfaces. Right now the
solution used by the latency tracer is working out pretty OK - but if
something better comes along i can use that too. It's not a burning
issue though, unless you know of some bug. (i'm not sure what you mean
by it becoming constrictive)

Ingo