Re: Entropy Pool Contents

From: Martin Mares
Date: Tue Nov 28 2006 - 12:24:30 EST

Hello!

> After a reboot the entropy estimate starts at zero, so if you are adding
> data to the pool from the previous boot, you DO want the estimate to
> increase because you are, in fact, adding entropy.

I'm adding entropy, but unless I record the exact amount of entropy when
dumping the pool, I don't know how much I am adding, so using any fixed
number is obviously wrong.

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@xxxxxx> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
"Object orientation is in the mind, not in the compiler." -- Alan Cox