Re: [irda-users] Is ircomm possible with smsc_ircc2?

From: hinko.kocevar@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon Nov 27 2006 - 03:01:18 EST

Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

I have Toshiba Portege 4000, which apparently needs smsc_ircc2 driver. Driver seems to load OK:

Detected unconfigured Toshiba laptop with ALi ISA bridge SMSC IrDA chip, pre-configuring device.
Activated ALi 1533 ISA bridge port 0x02e8.
Activated ALi 1533 ISA bridge port 0x02f8.
found SMC SuperIO Chip (devid=0x5a rev=00 base=0x002e): LPC47N227
smsc_superio_flat(): IrDA not enabled
smsc_superio_flat(): fir: 0x2f8, sir: 0x2e8, dma: 03, irq: 7, mode: 0x02
SMsC IrDA Controller found
IrCC version 2.0, firport 0x2f8, sirport 0x2e8 dma=3, irq=7
No transceiver found. Defaulting to Fast pin select

and it registers irda0 interface but no /dev/ircomm* ever appears. I need them (or at least I /think/ I need them) for SynCE (for installing programs in my Pocket LOOX).

What is missing? Do I need additional driver? How can I access ircomm on this HW?

You probably need to load the ircomm-tty and ircomm modules on top of irda stack for /dev/ircomm*.

Best regards,
hinko

--
ÄETRTA POT, d.o.o., Kranj