Re: [patch] PM: suspend/resume debugging should depend onSOFTWARE_SUSPEND

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Sun Nov 26 2006 - 02:27:56 EST

Alan wrote:
Lots of other controllers don't work correctly on resume but thats much
less of a problem and with UDMA misclocking generally turns into a CRC
error storm and stop.

Andrew has about 2/3rds of the bits I've done now, will push the rest
when I've done a little more testing/checking. At that point libata ought
to be resume safe. Someone who cares about drivers/ide legacy support can
then copy the work over.

btw, I have some code almost ready for sata_nv to add proper suspend/resume support. Unfortunately I have trouble testing it, since STR doesn't work on my machine since, guess what - the video doesn't come back! It doesn't even take the monitor out of standby mode. None of the acpi_sleep options seem to work, and vbetool appears to helpfully segfault on any operation so that's out. This is an NVIDIA SLI setup so that probably makes things a bit more complicated.

In any case, it should be better than what we have right now for suspend/resume support in sata_nv, namely the "do nothing, won't work (at least not for CK804 and later)" implementation..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx