Re: [Kernel-discuss] RFC - platform device, IRQs and SoC devices

From: Ian Molton
Date: Sat Nov 25 2006 - 06:46:29 EST

Ian Molton wrote:
Hi there.

Im working on some SoC type devices attached to the system bus of my ARM devboard in an isa-like way.

The devices are small SoC (System On Chip) types, with one IRQ routed to the half dozen (sub)devices on board the SoC.

I just thought of a 'third way'.

let IRQchips have their own struct irq_desc and have subdevice IRQs start from 0.

since those IRQs can only be raised by the parent chip I think this ought to work, and would eliminated the problem of a fixed size irq array...