Re: + uml-make-execvp-safe-for-our-usage.patch added to -mm tree

From: Jeff Dike
Date: Fri Nov 24 2006 - 18:15:10 EST

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 01:46:21PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> OK. Is it needed for 2.6.19?

It fixes bugs, so I would say yes.

> Also, I'm still sitting on the below. I have a note that you nacked it,
> but I forget why.

I nacked it mostly based on the changelog, which turned out to be
incorrect. The substance of the change I think is OK, except that it
looks like stddef (according to the C standard - 4.1.5) , not
linux/types is the official way to get size_t. I'll send a follow-up
patch to fix that.

I would hold this patch until after 2.6.19.

Jeff
--
Work email - jdike at linux dot intel dot com