Re: Where did find_bus() go in 2.6.18?

From: Greg KH
Date: Sun Nov 19 2006 - 19:12:54 EST

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 12:45:51AM +0100, Jiri Slaby wrote:
> Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> > But alas, the commit message is not as good as some others are, and
> > doesn't mention what should be used instead. So, if find_bus() is
> > "unused", what should be used instead?
>
> You should probably mention what for?

Exactly. It was removed because no one was using it, and I couldn't
think of a reason why it would be needed.

Also, any reason why your drivers aren't in the mainline kernel yet? It
would have kept something like this from happening a while ago. And, it
will also help out with the recent driver core changes that are being
planned and are starting to show up in the -mm tree. If your stuff is
in the kernel, then I'll do the work for you, otherwise, you all are on
your own :(

thanks,

greg k-h