Re: [2.6.19-rc3-mm1] BUG at arch/i386/mm/pageattr.c:165

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Tue Oct 31 2006 - 00:11:20 EST

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:58:11 -0500
Andrew James Wade <andrew.j.wade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > hm. Please send the .config
> >
> Sure.
>
> I've just found out that unsetting CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED makes the
> crash go away. I can hack around the resulting udev incompatibility.
>
> #
> # Automatically generated make config: don't edit
> # Linux kernel version: 2.6.19-rc3-mm1
> # Mon Oct 30 19:31:03 2006

Well I tried to reproduce this, but I got such a psychedelic cornucopia of
oopses at various bisection points amongst those sysfs patches that I think
I'll just give up.

Greg, Kay: it's quite ugly. I'll drop all those patches for now, and I
suggest you do so too. Have a play with the .config which Andrew sent..