Re: usb device descriptor read/64, error -110

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Mon Oct 30 2006 - 20:15:30 EST

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 03:59:32PM -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:

> Adrian Bunk wrote:
> >On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 03:29:00PM -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:
> >
> >>Running the latest FC6 kernel based on 2.6.18.1. What does this error
> >>mean?
> >>
> >>device descriptor read/64, error -110
> >>
> >>Is this a kernel bug? Thanks in advance?
> >>

> >That's a timeout.
> >
> >Your bug report lacks any any information for further debugging your
> >problem.
> >
> >- When does it occur?
> >- What is failing?
> >- Please send the output of "dmesg -s 1000000".
> >
> >And please read and follow REPORTING-BUGS in the kernel sources before
> >sending your next bug report.
> >
> >cu
> >Adrian
> >

> Thanks for your help. The device is a module that lets me plug in
> various kinds og camera memory sticks.
>
> usb 1-7: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 2
> usb 1-7: device descriptor read/64, error -110
> usb 1-7: device descriptor read/64, error -110
> usb 1-7: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 3
> usb 1-7: device descriptor read/64, error -110

Please send the _complete_ output of "dmesg -s 1000000".
If you want help, you should include as much information as possible.

If you are concerned about the size of your email, please remember that
linux-kernel has a 100 kB size limit - and everything smaller is
perfectly OK.

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.