Re: [ckrm-tech] [RFC] Resource Management - Infrastructure choices

From: Paul Menage
Date: Mon Oct 30 2006 - 07:05:35 EST

On 10/30/06, Paul Jackson <pj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
It would be nice, me thinks, if the underlying container technology
didn't really care whether we had one hierarchy or seven. Let the
users (such as CKRM/RG, cpusets, ...)

I was thinking that it would be even better if the actual (human)
users could determine this; have the container infrastructure make it
practical to have flexible hierarchy mappings, and have the resource
controller subsystems not have to care about how they were being used.

Paul