Re: [RFC] Resource Management - Infrastructure choices

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Mon Oct 30 2006 - 05:44:06 EST

vatsa wrote:
> C. Paul Menage's container patches
>
> Provides a generic heirarchial ...
>
> Consensus/Debated Points
> ------------------------
>
> Consensus:
> - Dont support heirarchy for now

Looks like this item can be dropped from the concensus ... ;).

I for one would recommend getting the hierarchy right from the
beginning.

Though I can appreciate that others were trying to "keep it simple"
and postpone dealing with such complications. I don't agree.

Such stuff as this deeply affects all that sits on it. Get the
basic data shape presented by the kernel-user API right up front.
The rest will follow, much easier.

Good review of the choices - thanks.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...