Re: Networking messed up, bad checksum, incorrect length

From: Herbert Xu
Date: Fri Oct 27 2006 - 00:32:45 EST

Carlos Velasco <lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> netfilter will see the jumbo frames rather than the individual packets.
>
> I wonder if this could affect the TCP stateful tracking of netfilter
> making the ACK drops I see.

It shouldn't if netfilter is behaving correctly. The whole point of
TSO is that the packet is an otherwise valid TCP/IP packet. The only
thing special about it is that it exceeds the MTU of the output device.

That's what allows us to implement TSO without touching all parts of
the networking stack.

Cheers,