Re: removing drivers and ISA support? [Was: Char: correct pci_get_device changes]

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Thu Oct 26 2006 - 18:31:58 EST

On 27/10/06, Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 07:59:56PM +0200, Jiri Slaby wrote:
> And what about (E)ISA support. When converting to pci probing, should be ISA bus
> support preserved (how much is ISA used in present)? -- it makes code ugly and long.

There seem to be still many running 486 machines - and only the last 486
boards also had PCI slots.

While deprecating OSS drivers, I got emails from people still using some
of the ISA cards.

And there are even Pentium 4 boards with ISA slots available.

Not to mention many embedded boards - many pc104 boards use ISA, just
to mention one type.

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx>