Re: Removing MAX_ARG_PAGES (request for comments/assistance)

From: Ollie Wild
Date: Tue Oct 24 2006 - 14:47:38 EST

I'll have another look tomorrow, but I too don't have access to a funny
platform, so I can be of limited help implementing the missing stack
model. - that was all that is missing, right?

Peter

That's the main technical item. I guess I was hoping for some more
general feedback regarding the desirability of this patch: "Yes, this
is good. Polish it off and we'll incorporate it," "No, we think the
status quo is fine," or something along those lines.

There is one point I forgot to mention. I'm not sure what to do with
the audit_bprm() function. It tries to copy the entire argument array
into a kmalloc'ed region, which isn't gonig to fly if we allow the
argument list to grow arbitrarily large.

Ollie