Re: Re: [2.6.19-rc1 APIC BUG?] kernel 2.6.19-rc1 or later can not generate ISA irq properly on DUAL-CPU system.

From: Komuro
Date: Tue Oct 24 2006 - 09:11:33 EST

>> kernel 2.6.19-rc1 or later can not generate ISA irq properly on DUAL-CPU sy
stem.
>> kernel 2.6.18 work properly.
>>
>> I think this problem is caused by IRQ-subsystem change on 2.6.19-rc1.
>
>I have to wait until tomorrow until I get access to a system with ISA
>network card.
>
>> Please advise.
>
>Does the box boot into login ? If yes, can you please provide the output
>of /proc/interrupts ?

Here is the output of /proc/interrupts

I found some interrupt-count in IRQ 3.
but if I do the ping command, the IRQ 3 interrupt-count
is not incremented.

I tried several 16bit-pcmcia network card.
(1)Asix 100Mbps PCMCIA Network card => does not work
(2)DL10019 100Mpbs PCMCIA Network card => does not work

(3)NE2000-based 10Mbps PCMCIA Network card => works properly.

CPU0 CPU1
0: 9051 10701 IO-APIC-edge timer
1: 122 135 IO-APIC-edge i8042
2: 0 0 XT-PIC-level cascade