Re: Spam, bogofilter, etc

From: Mariusz Kozlowski
Date: Tue Oct 03 2006 - 12:41:12 EST

Hi,

> Yes, the thing is NOT 100% perfect.
> Especially very short spams are prone to leak thru it,
> and those hams that do get block do tend to be longish, and
> never before seen. (It all comes from Bayes Statistics.)

If I can suggest something. Please run latest p0f and match the output against
vger incoming traffic (or even only against the messages that leak trough the
filters used now). I bet you'll see an obvious and very descriptive pattern.
Now what you will or will not do with that knowledge is the other story.

Mariusz