Re: Spam, bogofilter, etc

From: Lee Revell
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 11:49:04 EST

On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 08:24 -0700, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
> > Could a heuristic be added to reject messages with wildly incorrect
> > dates? I notice that the last 5-10 messages in my LKML folder every
> > morning are spam with a date that's ~24 hours in the future.
>
> If you got rid of "slut" and "schoolgirl" that'd get rid of half of
> it.

That will work for a day then they'll just change the spelling. But
I've seen spammers using incorrect dates (presumably to appear at the
beginning or end of a mailbox) for years.

You could also flag a very short message that contains a URL and is not
a reply to an existing thread - I can't think of a legitimate post to
LKML fitting this pattern.

I would hate to see the list closed as that would amount to surrendering
to the spammers.

Lee