modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module eth

From: Gary C. New
Date: Wed Sep 06 2006 - 19:10:27 EST

I recently upgraded my kernel to linux-2.4.33.2.
Everything seems to have compiled and installed
correctly, except for a few modprobe messages at
bootup.

modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module eth5
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module eth6
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module eth7
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module eth8
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module eth9

It appears that both my eth0 and eth1 interfaces are
loaded with the appropriate drives and work correctly,
but for some reason modprobe gives the above messages.

Thank you for your kind assistance.

Respectfully,

Gary