Re: PATA drivers queued for 2.6.19

From: Grant Coady
Date: Mon Sep 04 2006 - 07:59:55 EST

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 07:01:13 -0400, Jeff Garzik <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I just pulled the "pata-drivers" branch of libata-dev.git into the
>"upstream" branch, which means that Alan's libata PATA driver collection
>is now queued for 2.6.19.
>
>Testing-wise, these PATA drivers have been Andrew Morton's -mm tree for
>many months. Community-wise, no one posted objections to the PATA
>driver merge plan, when Alan posted it on LKML and linux-ide.

Too friggin' hard to test Alan's stuff for older IDE here, therefore
ignored so far :( I have some old hardware that Alan is addressing,
even an old IBM 260MB PCMCIA HDD.

I can't see an easy way to arrange multi-boot with different /etc/fstab
depending if I'm trying /dev/hdaX or /dev/sdaX. Parallel '/' partitions?

Plus, 2.6.18-rcX fails too early in boot on one machine (p100 IBM 365X)
for any testing. Suggestions welcome...

Grant.

--
VGER BF report: U 0.488991