Re: 2.6.18-rc5-mm1, make oldconfig from 2.6.18-rc5 destroys LVM

From: John Stoffel
Date: Sat Sep 02 2006 - 22:28:25 EST

>> And I'd really suggest that it NOT be this silly name BLOCK, something
>> more meaningful, like USE_BLOCK_DEVICES or something equally useful to
>> parse.

Andrew> mm... I think CONFIG_BLOCK is a reasonable compromise between
Andrew> the needs for brevity and understandability.

Well, maybe the hotfix patch converts all the uses of 'if BLOCK' to
'if CONFIG_BLOCK', but I still think that 'if USE_BLOCK_DEVS' would be
more clear. It's not like it should be all *that* used outside of
config stuff.

Oh well, thanks for your reply, now I can test 2.6.18-rc5-mm1 and see
if my IRQ problem is really there or not.

John

--
VGER BF report: U 0.5