Re: Areca arcmsr kernel integration for 2.6.18?

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Wed Aug 23 2006 - 20:17:37 EST

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 05:25:51PM -0600, Dax Kelson wrote:

> > > James has moved the driver into the scsi-misc tree, so I assume he has
> > > 2.6.19 plans for it.
> >
> > Yes, that's the usual path for scsi-misc.
> >
> > James
>
> It would be great if the arcmsr driver could be included in 2.6.18 so it
> can make into all the new distro releases that will be happening the
> last 3-4 months of the year.
>
> It is completely self contained and it isn't changing any existing code
> (ergo it can't break anything) so I believe there is quite a bit of
> precedence for "late" inclusion in 2.6.18?

It would for sure create a bad example for other people trying to get
code merged outside the merge window...

> Dax Kelson

cu
Adrian

--

Gentoo kernels are 42 times more popular than SUSE kernels among
KLive users (a service by SUSE contractor Andrea Arcangeli that

There are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics.
Benjamin Disraeli