Re: Areca arcmsr kernel integration for 2.6.18?

From: Dax Kelson
Date: Wed Aug 23 2006 - 19:23:15 EST

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 10:53 -0400, James Bottomley wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 20:03 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > > Ok, so how does this go from here into the mainline kernel?
> >
> > James has moved the driver into the scsi-misc tree, so I assume he has
> > 2.6.19 plans for it.
>
> Yes, that's the usual path for scsi-misc.
>
> James

It would be great if the arcmsr driver could be included in 2.6.18 so it
can make into all the new distro releases that will be happening the
last 3-4 months of the year.

It is completely self contained and it isn't changing any existing code
(ergo it can't break anything) so I believe there is quite a bit of
precedence for "late" inclusion in 2.6.18?

There are lots of users of this hardware (myself included) that would be
very appreciative.

Dax Kelson