Re: Scsi errors with Megaraid 300-8x

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Wed Aug 23 2006 - 11:51:15 EST

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Johan Groth wrote:

Justin Piszcz wrote:
Run badblocks in r+w mode on the bad disk and it will force the disk to re-allocate the bad sector if it can.

Justin.

Is that possible to do in a non-destructive way? I don't want to loose all data and apparently I can't back it up either :(.

Regards,
Johan

Nope, r+w will write over everything on the disk, but I have found -the- most effective way to see if a disk is good or not. I'd rather have the disk die to that test rather than using it in production and finding it dies with my data on it.

Justin.