Re: [take12 0/3] kevent: Generic event handling mechanism.

From: Jari Sundell
Date: Wed Aug 23 2006 - 04:19:55 EST

On 8/23/06, Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
void * in structure exported to userspace is forbidden.

Only void * I'm seeing belongs to the user, (udata) perhaps you are
talking of something different?

long in syscall requires wrapper in per-arch code (although that
workaround _is_ there, it does not mean that broken interface should
be used).
poll uses millisecods - it is perfectly ok.

The kernel is there to hide those ugly implementation details from the
user, so I don't care that much about a workaround being required in
some cases. More important, IMHO is consistency with the POSIX system
calls.

I guess as long as you use usec, at least it won't be a pain to use.

Rakshasa