Re: sym53c8xx PCI card broken in 2.6.18

From: Eric Brower
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 23:56:36 EST

On 8/22/06, David Johnson <dj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 22 August 2006 21:39, you wrote:
> Sounds like the interrupts are being misconfigured for the
> PCI card. Please post 2 pieces of information:
>
> 1) Boot logs with "ofdebug=2" given on the kernel command line

The envctrl OOPS is definately my fault in the blind conversion of the
driver to the OF interface-- of_find_propery() return values should be
checked for NULL rather than relying upon a -1 value stored into lenp.
We can discuss this separately, since you are using an out-of-kernel
driver.

Thanks,

> 2) Output of "/usr/sbin/prtconf -pv"

Both attached.

Now that I've let the system finish booting, there are also a few oopses that
seem related to the new openprom interface.

Regards,
David.

--
David Johnson