Re: HELP: GIT Cloning failed

From: Phillip Susi
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 17:05:44 EST

Is there a reason that you regularly delete and re-download the entire repository, rather than simply doing a git pull to update your existing clone?

Ju, Seokmann wrote:
Hi,

Recently, I found that cloning from GIT server has been failed.
I'm using following script for it.
---
rm -r /home/git/kernels/2.4/linux-2.4.git
cg-clone
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/marcelo/linux-2.4.git/
/home/git/kernels/2.4/linux-2.4.git/
sync
rm -r /home/git/kernels/2.4/linux-2.6.git
cg-clone
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git/
/home/git/kernels/2.4/linux-2.6.git/
sync
rm -r /home/git/kernels/2.4/scsi-misc-2.6.git
cg-clone
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/marcelo/scsi-misc-2.6.git
/home/git/kernels/2.4/scsi-misc-2.6.git
sync
---

In the script, I'm cloning 3 different sources. First two sources
getting successfully cloned, however, last one is getting failed with
following error messages,
---
Fetching head...
Fetching objects...
Getting alternates list for
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-misc-2.6.git
Also look at http://www.kernel.or
Error: The requested URL returned error: 502 (curl_result = 22,
http_code = 502, sha1 = 1039f0760e...)
Getting pack list for
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-misc-2.6.git/
Getting pack list for http://www.kernel.or
Error: The requested URL returned error: 502
Error: Unable to find 27fd37621... Under
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scsm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-misc-2.6.git/
Cannot obtain needed blob 27fd37621...
While processing commit 4041b9cd87...
Progress: 8 objects, 13120 bytes
Cg-fetch: objects fetch failed
---

Above script worked without any problem when I started several months
ago and I'm not sure when did it stop working.
I'm using _cron_ utility on my Linux box for scheduled execution of the
script.

Any comment would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Seokmann