Re: [patch 00/20] 2.6.17-stable review

From: Kyle Moffett
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 09:57:15 EST

On Aug 22, 2006, at 09:49:29, John Stoffel wrote:
"Greg" == Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> writes:
On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 03:46:16PM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
Any chance of a 2.6.17.10-rc1 rollup patch again, like you did for .8?

Oops, forgot to do that, thanks for reminding me. It can be found at:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/stable/ patch-2.6.17.10-rc1.gz

And yes, it's not in the "main" v2.6 subdirectories, I'm not going to put it there anymore as it confuses too many scripts/people.

So what if they're confused? If they're official releases, blessed with holy penguin pee, then shouldn't they be in the standard release area?

Well, except for the fact that the pre-stable RC patches are neither "official" nor "releases". They're just a combo rollup patch of all of the proposed stable patches before they've been batch reviewed on the LKML. (IOW: just for ease of testing)

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett