Re: Adrian Bunk is now taking over the 2.6.16-stable branch

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Sun Aug 20 2006 - 19:35:27 EST

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 01:15:10AM +0200, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 06:51:23PM -0400, Sean wrote:
> > And this situation is already self correcting; if no users follow, it's
>
> The real ironic thing, is that the only feedback he has to know if
> users follow or not, is KLive.

If I was interested in statistics, I could also use [1] that shows
statistics about running kernels automatically submitted my nearly ten
times as many machines than in KLive.

2.6.16.27 is the latest 2.6.16 kernel, available for more than one month.
KLive says no KLive user is using 2.6.16.27.
[1] says 0.2% of the machines reporting there are using 2.6.16.27.

If I was believing in such statistics, there was no 2.6.16 branch.

The important feedback are emails from people reporting a bug or saying
"thank you".

This branch is an offer.
If it runs on millions of computers that's OK.
If it's used only by few people that's OK.

cu
Adrian

[1] http://counter.li.org/reports/systemstats.php

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.