IDE issues booting a gigabyte p965-dq6 motherboard

From: Shane
Date: Sat Aug 19 2006 - 23:23:16 EST

Hey all,

Has anyone had success booting a Gigabyte p965-DQ6
motherboard? I've tried a GRML CD but the initrd can't
find its CDROM. Actually it doesn't seem to find any of
the PATA/sata hardware. My Debian initrd (2.6.18-rc4) sees
the ahci hosts but the system locks during the AHCI driver
fleeding edge out there for ATA drivers without going to
mm?

I believe this is an ich8r controler, ich8 I believe is
supported but couldn't find reference to ich8r. I do have
the raid disabled and have tried legacy ide mode.

Cheers,
Shane

--
http://www.cm.nu/~shane/