Re: Linux 2.4.34-pre1

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Fri Aug 18 2006 - 19:22:41 EST

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 11:16:11AM +0200, Andreas Steinmetz wrote:
> Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > Can you send me the .config's you are using for 2.4 and 2.6
> > (preferably for kernel.org kernels)?
> >

> I can send you only the current 2.4 config I use (not exactly vanilla).

Thanks, but it didn't help me much since it needed some work getting it
compiling with uClinux-2.4.31-uc0, and the next step of creating a
functionally equivalent 2.6 kernel doesn't seem to be reasonably
possible.

My aim is to compare the size of the compiled objects for finding what
causes size regressions in 2.6 compared to 2.4.

Does anyone have an example with working kernels for both 2.4 and 2.6
and a significantely bigger functionally equivalent 2.6 kernel?

> Andreas Steinmetz

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.