Re: [patch] sched: generic sched_group cpu power setup

From: Siddha, Suresh B
Date: Fri Aug 18 2006 - 18:52:40 EST

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 03:29:54PM -0700, Paul Jackson wrote:
> Suresh wrote:
> > I will post a 'cpu_power' renaming patch shortly.
>
> Rename to what?

Not yet decided. But both the words "cpu" and "power" will disappear :)
sched group can have one or more cpus.. so having 'cpu' is confusing
and 'power/energy' seems to be confusing too..

I don't like 'task_load' as it kind of refers to current task load in a
sched_group. Currently I favor for 'load_capacity'. Anyone reading
sched code know what 'load' is.

If any one has a better suggestion, I am open.

thanks,
suresh