Re: Page cache using B-trees benchmark results

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Fri Aug 18 2006 - 09:47:58 EST

Vishal Patil wrote:
Folks

I am attaching the benchmark results for Page Cache Implementation
using B-trees. I basically ran the tio (threaded i/o) benchmark
against my kernel (with the B-tree implementation) and the Linux
kernel shipped with FC5. Radix tree implementation is definately
better however the B-tree implementation did not suck that bad :)

Also I attaching a new patch which was used for measuring the
benchmarks. Also henceforth changes to the page will be tracked using
the projected hosted at http://code.google.com/p/btreepc

Thanks for this. I guess a purist would say that you need to run against the base kernel and base kernel plus your patches, but these numbers are certainly enough to support your conclusion.

What's next?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
Obscure bug of 2004: BASH BUFFER OVERFLOW - if bash is being run by a