Re: [patch 2/5] -fstack-protector feature: Add the Kconfig option

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Fri Aug 18 2006 - 09:07:41 EST

Andi Kleen wrote:
the binary search argument in this case is moot, just having a config
option doesn't break anything compile wise and each later step is
self-compiling..

Not true when the config used for the binary search has stack protector
enabled.

oh? I thought I was pretty careful about that

looking over the patches again I can't find any reason for a non-compiling/working kernel; at any step..
can you show me the compile error you got or the bug you found?

Also, I generally like this order since this order allows you to bisect stackprotector patches itself, rather than the
artificial "add a bunch of dead code and then suddenly turn the light on" approach..