Re: 2.6.18-rc4-mm1 - time moving at 3x speed!
From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Fri Aug 18 2006 - 06:18:07 EST
On Friday 18 August 2006 12:01, Helge Hafting wrote:
> Andi Kleen wrote:
> >> I have narrowed it down. 2.6.18-rc4 does not have the 3x time
> >> problem, while mm1 have it. mm1 without the hotfix jiffies
> >> patch is just as bad.
> > Can you narrow it down to a specific patch in -mm?
> How do I do that? Is -mm available through git somehow,
> or is there some other clever way?
You can download the broken-out version of the -mm and use quilt.
- unpack the tarball in a directory containing vanilla 2.6.18-rc4 sources,
- rename 'broken-out' to 'patches'
- use 'quilt push n' to apply the next n patches,
- use 'quilt pop n' to revert the last n patches applied,
- 'quilt applied | wc' gives you the number of patches currently applied,
- 'quilt top' returns the name of the last patch applied.
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
R. Buckminster Fuller
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/