Re: [patch] sched: group CPU power setup cleanup

From: Ian Stirling
Date: Thu Aug 17 2006 - 19:26:59 EST

Paul Jackson wrote:
Suresh wrote:
Let me resist the temptation and not go into the definition of horsepower
here. You can refer any dictionary.

Good point <grin>.

Horsepower is a measure of power, of energy over time, such as the
rate of providing or using electrical or mechanical energy.

So, with your suggestion of 'horsepower', are you saying that cpu_power
is a metric of such electrical or mechanical energy -- the peak or
average watts of the electricity consumed by the CPUs in a group?

And is white_power, the energy output of a redneck on a step machine?

Power has assorted meanings over and above the J/s one.

I'd suggest 'computing_power' might be less ambiguous.