ip3106_uart oddity

From: Vitaly Wool
Date: Thu Aug 17 2006 - 10:27:19 EST

Hello Russell,

it looks like drivers/serial/ip3106_uart.c was dropped from the mainline at some point I couldn't identify. Can you please confirm that?
I'd like to take the burden of restoring the UART functionality for PNX8550 boards in the mainline. This very UART HW is very weird and doesn't fit well into 8250 model, even with fixups like those that were introduced for Alchemy. It also differs from the IP_3106-based UARTs used on Philips ARM targets in registers layout so I'm not sure it's correct to call it ip3106_uart.
So, given the above, does it make sense to try make it fir into standard 8250 driver model or restore/rework the custom driver?

Thanks,
Vitaly