Re: qlogic 2312 problems on 2.6.16.22, 2.6.18rc4

From: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz
Date: Thu Aug 17 2006 - 05:13:10 EST

On Wednesday 16 August 2006 23:10, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:

> Tyan manual ftp://ftp.tyan.com/manuals/m_s2891_100.pdf says on page 4
> ,,One PCI-X 100MHz slot (PCI-X B)''.
>
> Hm, while looking at that manual I see that on page 13 it says ,,one pci-x
> 100MHz device''. Maybe that's the problem since I didn't remove Adaptec
> TARO controller. I should be able to get this tested again without adaptec
> sooner than several weeks. Maybe I misunderstand what documentation says
> here.

The problem is solved now. Removing Adaptec controller from TARO slot makes
system happy and there is no problem with qlogic card after that.

Weird mainboard. There should be warning with big letters on it ...

Thanks for help!
--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz PLD/Linux Team
arekm / maven.pl http://ftp.pld-linux.org/