Re: Linux 2.4.34-pre1

From: Andreas Steinmetz
Date: Thu Aug 17 2006 - 04:33:40 EST

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> But maybe it's worth doing a user survey to find out what the users of
> 2.4 want... (and with that I mean users of the kernel.org 2.4 kernels,
> people who use enterprise distro kernels don't count for this since
> they'll not go to a newer released 2.4 anyway)

Currently I'm working with ARM based embedded systems. I prefer 2.4
kernels to 2.6 as they are smaller thus leaving more flash for jffs2.
Not speaking of the kernel a gcc 4.1.1 compile of code for a LPC2103
resulted in a clearly smaller binary as the same compile with gcc 3.4.
Thus I really would like to be able to use gcc 4.x with 2.4 kernels.
There are even kernel miscompiles with gcc 3.4 that might be fixed with
gcc 4 (one has to try).
--
Andreas Steinmetz SPAMmers use robotrap@xxxxxxxx