Re: New version of ClownToolKit

From: Bodo Eggert
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 19:15:51 EST

Sam Ravnborg <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A small nitpick about the way ou build the ekrnel module:
>
> In mk_and_insmod you can replace:
> make -C /usr/src/linux SUBDIRS=$PWD modules
> with
> LIBDIR=/lib/modules/`uname -r`
> make -C $LIBDIR/source O=$LIBDIR/build SUBDIRS=`pwd` modules
>
> For a normal kernel installation this will do the right thing.
> source points to the kernel source and build point to the output
> directory (they are often equal but not always).

Please don't tell module authors to unconditionally use `uname -r`.
I frequently build kernels for differentd hosts, and if I don't, I'll
certainly compile the needed modules before installing the kernel.
Therefore /lib/modules/`uname -r` is most certainly the completely
wrong place to look for the kernel source.
--
Ich danke GMX dafür, die Verwendung meiner Adressen mittels per SPF
verbreiteten Lügen zu sabotieren.

http://david.woodhou.se/why-not-spf.html