reiserfs on-demand bitmap loading, what is the state?

From: Malte Schröder
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 11:56:11 EST

Hello,
I set up a new raid system with about 500gib space and put reiserfs on it. It
takes some seconds to mount so I patched my 2.6.17.8-tree with those
reiserfs-patches from -mm. Mount time was reduced significantly (less than a
second).
What I found out about these patches is that they can introduce instability,
but that seemed a bit vague to me.
Up to now I didn't encounter any problems, so are there (theoretical?)
problems with the on-demand code? Could that stuff go into mainline?
Maybe there are tests I could run, the data on that box is easily
recoverable ...

Regards
--
Malte Schröder