Re: [BUG] 2.6.18-rc1-mm1: as usual can not boot

From: Paul Drynoff
Date: Wed Jul 12 2006 - 03:28:51 EST

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 00:12:32 -0700
Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:59:33 +0400
> Paul Drynoff <pauldrynoff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I try boot 2.6.18-rc1-mm1,
> > here is result:
> >
> > show_stack_log_lve
> > show_registers
> > die
> > do_trap
> > do_invalid_op
> > error_code
> > buffered_rmqueue
> > get_page_from_freelist
> > __alloc_pages
> > get_zeroed_page
> > sysenter_setup
> > identify_cpu
> > check_bugs
> > start_kernel
> >
> > EIP:... prep_new_page
>
> Don't know, sorry. Your config works ok here (well, gets a lot further).
>
> It's dying quite late in boot there - the page allocator has already been
> used a bit, but then it falls over in a heap.
>
> I notice you're set up for an i386. Is the target CPU really an i386? If
> not, and if you change this, does it affect anything?

My CPU is:
$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 6
model : 10
model name : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+
stepping : 0
cpu MHz : 1913.456
cache size : 512 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 1
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow ts
bogomips : 3833.86

First of all I booted with Athlon/Duron/K7 option,
and get this error.
After that I rebuild it as i386,
nothing changed.
I rebuild it with gcc-4.1.1 instead of gcc-3.3.6.
Nothing changed.

But the more interesting thing, that when I try this kernel with qemu (0.8.1),
I got the same error. Sorry, I can not sent it image, it is too big: 3 GB.

But I can sent screenshots or gdb output if somebody interesting.