Re: what processor family does intel core duo L2400 belong to?

From: George Nychis
Date: Thu Jun 08 2006 - 20:27:54 EST

Barry K. Nathan wrote:
On 6/8/06, George Nychis <gnychis@xxxxxxx> wrote:

My guess is the "Pentium-4/Celeron(P4-based)/Pentium-4 M/Xeon" family,
but maybe someone has a different opinion or can support it.

Here is the /proc/cpuinfo:
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 14

[snip]

"Pentium-4/Celeron(P4-based)/Pentium-4 M/Xeon" are all family 15, not family 6.

I have a Pentium M, it's family 6 model 13. Also, AFAIK the Intel Core
is based on the Pentium M (which in turn is based on Pentium III). So,
my personal best guess would be to choose "Pentium M".

Unfortunately, I don't have one of these (Intel Core) at this point,
so I can't test it myself...

Put me in your shoes, what would you test to see which one is the true choice?